You will be working for a small successful IT business solutions company that has been established since the 1990s, with offices in Sydney CBD that offers systems integration and IT services for SMB, SME and Enterprise clients as well as Government departments. The company prides itself in offering quality IT skills and service provision and has consistently offered professional expertise, contract managed support services and has built long term client relationships.
The company is growing and requires an experienced Business Development Manager with experience gained in a Systems Integration, Reseller or Managed Services Provider (MSP) environment who wants to work in a new culture with a company that offers a range of IT services and solutions, some of which are unique.
You will be used to creating and selling solutions to large SME or Enterprise corporate clients or Government departments and will be experienced in sales working for an IT Reseller and/or Systems Integrator. Your territory will cover mainly Sydney and NSW but if required can also cover the whole of Australia and your target audience will be up to you!
- To undertake business development with new clients and vendors to facilitate generation of sales and revenue for the business
- To provide account management services to existing clients and vendors on an ongoing basis
- To provide marketing material for clients as and when required to develop business
- To attend client meetings and events wherever possible
- To provide quality and professional customer service to all parties at all times
- To attend training and various seminars as when requested to do so by management
- To work to the best of your ability to achieve and exceed all given targets whether they are financial or based on KPIs
- To mentor more junior members of staff using your experience and knowledge by leading by example in the performance of your role
- To undertake various ad hoc sales related projects as and when requested to do so by management such as writing tenders and proposals
- Responsible for developing opportunities, making customer presentations and the planning and execution of product demonstrations and Proof of Concepts
- To work with customers at all levels; demonstrate products, present to different audiences, design solutions, create proposals and price quotes etc.
- To maintain a strong working relationship with vendor partners from a technical/technology perspective and participate in evaluations, conferences and seminars
- Provision of accurate financial forecasting and pipeline on a regular basis or as and when requested to do so
To be successful in this role you must have the following essential criteria:
- An understanding of the sales relationship between vendors and end users
- Experience of successful sales in a complex sales environment, gained within a Systems Integrator, IT Reseller or Managed Services Provider
- A proven track record in IT Sales selling solutions and/or services dealing with the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- A proven track record as a hunting BDM rather than an Account Manager
- A solid understanding of the sales and pre-sales process related to IT solutions
- The ability to identify leads and progress them using resources available
- The ability to undertake a learning curve to develop an understanding of the products and solutions on offer
- Must be self-motivated, with an influential/persuasive high energy level personality
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Ability to write technical/sales proposals
- The ability to understand client business issues and requirements and translate them into an IT strategy
- First class communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to maintain a CRM for client and pipeline management as well as sales forecasting
To apply for this job, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, please call Lindsey Morgan on 0411 822 762 quoting Ref No. #89036